(Image Credit Pusheen.com)
It just seems right now, that I don’t have many things very interesting happening to blog about.. Although I did share news recently of my neighborhood Mosque being a victim of arson on Facebook, I didn’t think to add it here.
I guess I’ve just gotten lazy, writing-wise. I hope I can get better about it, but in the end I feel I may be tugged at in too many directions in real life to really sit down and have a good write.
So new things going on:
- My husband brought home some goldfish and a tank for our boys, which have actually become an obsession for my 6yo (who would greet the fish with “salaam” and would tell strangers and extended family about how he has fish, and whatever may have happened to them recently).
- I have – of course have become the caretaker of the fish and have learned things I never knew about keeping fish from when I was growing up, including bacteria used to keep the water safe for your fish. Yuck..
- I am currently homeschooling my 6yo with a really cool online public school system, it feels amazing to see him do things he wasn’t able to do maybe a month ago. And to be a part of the whole thing feels very fulfilling, you know, beyond the stress and utter disappointment you call organizational skills.
- I recently had the joy of working overnight stocking shifts during a holiday season. I was dead for two whole months during the day 😂.
- I was humbled to have a new customer persuade me to start crocheting kufis again (after a long hiatus) for him.
I think that’s a pretty good recap of my recent ongoings. So I’ve also got myself a little to do list:
- Perfect, write and publish new designs for my Kufi. This one has been long in waiting, it’s often difficult for me to do trial and error when it takes so long to make a single Kufi.
- I will need to make a list of 5 or so testers to try out the designs, they can be previous customers or newcomers – I just need someone with good experience working with crochet thread.
- I want to try some kind of crochet home decor. I’m thinking of something like an Islamic quote in filet crochet possibly. If anyone has any ideas on what they might like, let me know!
- Sewing! I really really badly wanted to try a sewing pattern for dolls. Maybe without facial features, maybe with?
- I recently ordered new colors of crochet thread and was super excited, but my order got delayed – still waiting for it!
- I want to crochet and keep a stock of kufis to get ready for the next upcoming Ramadan (and Eid!), and also plan on having my new designs out and also a little pattern sale for when Ramadan starts! 😉
I really hope I get back into the swing of things soon. It’s been amazing having a blog and even the community here on WordPress has been lovely. I’m really glad I started blogging.
Still counting down to 2021….