As Salaam Alaikum,
It has been a busy, fun, crazy, stressful time while I’ve been away from this blog.
Sorry to keep you hanging!
I have some news:
1) Since my fall, I’ve been having a hard time feeling motivated to exercise, and in turn gained most of my weight back. Not to fret, I’m aware that this can and does happen on the weight loss journey and plan to get back on the exercise (HARD) wagon when Ramadan is over. (Insha’Allah)
2) RAMADAN MUBARAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) This Ramadan, I (+family) have been breaking my fast at a local mosque and stay for Taraweh (late night prayer). Alhamdullilah I love the community experience and the fundraisers during this blessed month. I’m also enjoying the babysitting there more than I thought I would. 😉
4) I have been working on more kufis, and had the pleasure of trying a new brand of thread some outside-the-USA sisters may be more likely to find locally, Alize Miss Batik! I absolutely loved how slow the color change was and very impressed by how soft this mercerized cotton thread felt.
I used a 1.9mm hook and it turned out about 20″ x6″ – just as planned, so Insha’Allah it will have a similar result with a 1.5mm hook.
I am also super-pleased that this kufi, which was only meant to test the new thread, has been sold 🙂 alhamdullilah!
5) I got a new toy! But it came at a great loss.. My precious Melrose Cravenella collection.. I am happy with the decision, but I miss my yarn terribly. They have mostly gone on to new homes (I say mostly because some are still up for sale, as you can see HERE [US only]/eBay link), where they will more likely be used than if they remained with me.
And now I have a cool new tablet that totally doesn’t have a shattered screen! (Yay)
(I highly recommend not shattering your tablet screens – despite the popular trend)
6) My new toy was not allowed to be touched by anyone other than me until this amazing Gumdrop case came in the mail 😀 (plus I love this crazy drop test video!)
7) Before Ramadan started, I discovered a new inspirational weight loss YouTuber (obesetobeast), he is amazing and raw and has loose skin like a boss! He’s about to compete in a bodybuilding competition, which is amaaaaazing. (I won’t be watching tho #loweryourgazegurl)
His videos have really helped me with the idea of loose skin after weight loss. I am looking at 100+ lbs to lose so that will be something I have to face and ask myself: would you rather stay fat forever and don’t change yourself or lose the weight and have a lot of loose skin? I can’t hope I’m one of the rare people to come out of this completely unscathed.
Do you think you would be happy with loose skin and a fit body or do you think you would be better off fat or elect for a painful surgery to cut and paste your skin back together?
I’d love to hear what you think 🙂
P.S. I started this blog just last Ramadan, I am so happy to see how my craft has progressed since then and I just love the feedback I get from my readers and hope to see more from y’all 🙂
P.P.S. I’m tapping into my hunter-gatherer instinct this suhoor (pre-dawn meal).. Rawr.
P.P.P.S. I also got to sew a new bag for my tablet 🙂 my first time working with batting and trying to do a quilt stitch..
(Picture taken before Ramadan, no daytime coffee for me 😭)